Finally, flour tortillas that my gluten-free and dairy-free family members can enjoy. For them, breakfast tacos haven’t tasted this good in years.
NON-DAIRY SOURDOUGH DISCARD TORTILLAS
- 220g organic bread flour
- 100g discard starter
- 100g water
- 8g sea salt
- 20g coconut oil
- 20g olive oil
- 10g cashew milk powder
1. Mix olive oil, coconut oil, and cashew milk powder. Set aside.
2. Mix starter and water.
3. Add the flour, salt, and oil mixture. Combine until everything is incorporated. Cover the bowl and let it rest for an hour.
4. Knead for five minutes. Cut into 8 even sections. Roll each into a ball and place on parchment paper. Cover with a towel for 2 – 3 hours.
5. Place the 8 balls into a glass-covered bowl or use plastic wrap. Place into your refrigerator for 36 hours.
6. Remove from refrigerator and while still cold roll out dough ball before cooking. Roll as large and thin as possible as the dough will shrink up in the pan.
7. Cook in an extremely hot pan. Eat while hot.