Great snack and this recipe will make enough for a party. So there are no excuses, send out those invitations.
- 210g organic bread flour
- 80g cheddar cheese powder
- 12g baking powder
- 15g granulated sugar
- 10g sea salt
- 250g finely shredded cheese of your choosing
- 120g sourdough discard (unfed)
- 180g + 10g heavy whipping cream
- 15g olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. On the fine side of a grater or in a food processor, grate the cheese until finely shredded. (I use Asiago)
3. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cheese powder, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cheese. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, stir together the sourdough discard, oil, and whole milk until well-blended. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients mixture and stir well to combine into a shaggy mixture.
5. Drop each ball into a mini tart or mini cupcake pan. Let sit on the counter for two hours to ferment.
6. Bake puffs for 13-14 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through until the puffs are golden brown and dry across the tops.
7. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.