- 120g starter, active
- 240g warm water
- 30g powdered milk (for dairy-free use powdered cashew milk)
- 30g olive oil
- 360g organic bread flour
- 10g sea salt
- 5g Italian seasoning
- Mix starter, water, and milk powder in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour, salt, and seasoning and mix until you have a rough dough. Cover bowl and let sit on the counter for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, wet hands and do 6 – 8 stretch and folds pulling from one side of the dough and bringing it to the opposite side. Turn the bowl after each stretch and fold. Cover and let sit for one hour.
- After an hour you should see a noticeable improvement in the softness of the dough. Stretch and fold 4 additional times. Get a covered glass bowl ready by sprinkling some olive oil on the bottom. Wet hands and then pick up the dough, shape it into a round ball, put it into the glass bowl, cover, and let it sit on the counter for approx. 6 hours.
- After the 6 hours, refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 7 days.
This dough can be used for 4 individual pizzas cooked in a pizza oven (time depends on temp), 4 pizzas cooked on a parchment paper-lined cooking sheet in the oven (12 min. at 450), or 2 pizzas in an oiled cast-iron skillet in the oven (16 min. at 475).